Kansas City Poetry Slam, Poetic Underground Open Mic are committed to providing events and a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our event locations and website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
Guided by the accessibility plan of Rooted in Rights, we, as a community event, are able to meet the following accessibility standards at this time:
We pledge to:
· Not use images in placement of text, as to make all information translatable by screen readers
· Caption and/or transcribe video and audio content uploaded to our website or social media pages
· Vet our event locations to have a doorway sufficient for standard manual wheelchair entry
· Provide ample seating with reconfigurable spaces
· Reserve designated seating at front of house for anyone with limited mobility
· Ensure that anyone who is hosting or performing uses a microphone
· Provide one microphone directly in front of the stage, and one microphone on the stage
We are currently unable to guarantee:
· All-gender restrooms
· A scent-free space
· ASL interpretation of stage performances
· Closed-captioning of stage performances
· Entry for motorized wheelchairs
· Ramp access onto any stage
· Braille / Large-print
Please submit any accommodation requests via our web form at least 7 days in advance. We will do our absolute best to meet the request and will communicate, in a timely fashion, as to whether or not we are able to do so.
If we are unable to meet any particular request, we are open to collaborations and feasible solutions from the Kansas City community.
Any and all questions, concerns, feedback, criticism, collaboration efforts and communication can also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provided by The Whole Person, please watch this Disability Sensitivity Training Video to start learning how you can be a more aware community member. Click here to be taken to that video.